4.05.2012

Strawberry & Lemon Yogurt Cake. Holla.

Can't get enough of strawberries.  I want summer.  And I want to be laying by a pool. I want the smell of my tanning oil. And I want to be going to summer concerts at riverbend.  But those are everything I just want, I have everything I NEED right now.  Except today, I didn't have a kitchen table while baking, and I never realized I NEEDED that while baking.  I always thought I just used the counter. Nope. I was wrong. And now that the kitchen table is back, I love him. Yeah, he's a him. But I'm over it...onto the recipe. Oh, and according to Grandma, this cake is "heavenly. you have to take a bite and just keep it there and think about it." So do so. Thanks..

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter - softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 Tb. lemon juice - divided
Zest of 1 lemon
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour - divided
1/2 tsp. baking sod
1/2tsp. salt
8 oz. plain or vanilla, Greek yogurt
1 pint fresh strawberries - diced
1 cup powdered sugar

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest....set aside.
-With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until combined.
-Toss the strawberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
-Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
-Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment