4.09.2012

Good Ole Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies from Grandma Sarah's Kitchen

I'm just a girl living my life. I start pastry school on Monday and I couldn't be more excited.  I need this like Grandma needs to learn the difference between a yellow finch and a duck.  I need this like I need gas in my car.  I live about .10 miles away from BP and I'm not quite sure I'll make it there next time I get in my car.  I like to live life on the edge.  Or at least something like that.  I'm a risky person; I drive around with my gas light on, AND I put more ground cinnamon than it calls for in the recipe.  Whoa.  Speaking of 'whoa', we're going to Keeneland this Saturday. "Whoa horsey, whoa!"....time for me to pretend I live life of the cultered class. Classy, classless? Which one will I be.  I'll say classy for the sake of my mom. Hey mom! Heyyyoooo.
Ingredients:
-2 sticks butter
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-2 eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-3 cups old fashioned oats

Directions:
-Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon into a small bowl. Set aside.
-In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and sugars.
-Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
-Stir in flour mixture into cream mixture.
-Mix in oats until combined.
-Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-Grease cookies sheets, and roll the dough into appropriate size balls.
-Flatten each cookie with a fork dipped in sugar.
-Bake for 8-10 minutes, and allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment