4.12.2012

Orange Muffins

Just to start this off my mom says to me, "I thought your muffins were good!" and somehow, I got lost in translation because I thought she said, "...and what about your muffin top?" WHAT! But my mamma didn't say that to me of course!  Anyways, these surprisingly were very easy to make. Mix some of this, stir some of that, and distribute.  Pretty simple. P.S. Where did the warm weather go? Why do I have my WINTER heater on in my room? grr. 
Ingredients:
For the muffins:
1 cup milk
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Zest of 1 orange

For the glaze:
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1-2 tsp. orange zest

Directions:
-Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. 
-Line 24 muffin wells.
-In a medium mixing bowl, combine the milk, orange juice, sour cream, eggs and melted butter.  Whisk together to blend. 
-In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Stir to blend.
-Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. 
-Fold in the orange zest with a spatula.
-Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. 
-Bake about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 
-Let cool in the pan 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack placed over a baking sheet.

--To make the glaze, combine the orange juice, confectioners’ sugar, and orange zest in a small bowl. 
--Whisk together until smooth, adding more juice if necessary. 
--Drizzle the glaze over the muffins while they are still warm. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. Now, please blog about school so I can properly know lots about you without you knowing any more about me. The very definition of stalking, I believe. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new profile picture! Very cute! I have been following you for some time and love the pictures and recipes. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete