5.24.2012

Luscious Lemon

As I sit here at school and observe the people that walk past, I sure am glad my parents raised me how they did. Have I ever gone on about how I had the best childhood ever? Because I did, and I make sure everyone knows it.  I remember alllllll the way back to my 3rd birthday. Holla. Talk about impressive.  But really, if I got $100 for every weirdo I'm looking at in close proximity this very second, I'd have probably have $1,000 right now. Now you're probably thinking, "Now, now, Sarah, don't be so quick to judge.", but really, I have no doubt that I'm right on my prediction. And I don't think anyone showers these days either. But enough talk about people. Let's talk about this Luscious Lemon haha....it really is a very refreshing summer dessert especially when served cold (according to Grandma).
Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans - divided

1 stick butter - softened
1 package cream cheese - softened

1 cup confectioners' sugar

1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping - thawed - divided

2 (3.4-ounce) packages lemon instant pudding mix

2 2/3 cups milk

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-
Combine flour, 1/2 cup pecans and butter in a medium bowl and mix well. Press onto the bottom of an 9x13 baking dish. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let stand to cool.
-Place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
-Add 1 cup whipped topping to cream cheese mixture and fold in gently. Spread over cooled crust.
-Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Beat until thickened. Spread on top of cream cheese layer.
-Top with the remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
-Cover and chill for 1 hour. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment