5.09.2012

Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies!

Well, I haven't blogged in what seems like since 'Nam.  Not much has happened. I only have 5 more weeks left (10 more classes) of this term for my pastry school.  It's going splendidly.  I don't procrastinate with my homework. What? Should I repeat myself? I don't procrastinate with my homework.  I find hospitality law interesting....uhhh.  Anywho, the whether is phenomenal these days, and I wish I could marry summer time, but I can't.  Well, maybe I can, there has to be a loop hole somewhere in our system.  Ok, but really, let's talk about these cookies....

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter - room temperature
1 cup sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
3 tablespoon lemon juice
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 cup flour
1 cup blueberries (called for 1 cup, I used 2 cups)

1/2 package cream cheese - cut into 1 teaspoon cubes

Directions:
-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
-In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. 
-Blend in the lemon zest, juice and eggs.
-In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour then mix it into the wet ingredients. -Gently fold in the blueberries so as not to burst any.
-Refrigerate the dough for about 15 – 20 minutes to make it stiff enough to roll.

-For each cookie, roll 1 heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball then flatten it slightly into a disc shape. Place a 1 teaspoon cream cheese cube into the center and form the dough around it creating a ball again.
-Bake them for about 10 - 14 minutes until the edges brown slightly. 
-Transfer them to a cooling rack and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment