1.22.2014

Banana Bread!

It's been quite some time since I've last blogged, but I promise you I have been baking....especially throughout the holidays. Oh boy! I've been busy with work and school. Can you believe it!? I graduate this spring! I feel like I was just blogging yesterday about how I was going to pastry school, and here I am, 2 years later, getting ready to graduate! I am so so so excited! Except I kinda wish I could just be in pastry school forever. I learn so much all the time....also....I don't want to enter the real world and not have summer break. Wah. Such is life. Let's not think about it. Moving on....this banana bread recipe comes from a Jan Koran, the author, and I have to give a shoutout to my cousin, Krissy, for making this banana bread recipe and bringing it to our Grandma one day. I loved the bread so I asked Krissy for the recipe.  I LOVE it!




Ingredients:
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs - beaten
3 bananas - very ripe (black)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/3 cup buttermilk

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
-Cream sugar and oil in mixer.
-Beat in eggs and add bananas
-Sift together the dry ingredients 
-Alternately add the dry ingredients with the buttermilk, ending with the buttermilk.
-Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny, as soon as I saw the title of your post I thought to myself, "No matter what recipe she uses, it's not going to be as good as Mitford's." :) And here you are sharing the greatest recipe with the world!

    I sometimes substitute 1/4 c of flour with ground flax seed which gives it kind of a nuttier flavor. It's really good, but it's kind of a pricey substitute. You can also cut way back on the sugar and it's just as good, if you're in a cutting sugar kinda mood. But if you're in a add-it-all-in-because-it's-dessert kinda mood (as you should be!) use it all! :) I've also cooked this in a cake pan and put cream cheese icing on it and served it as cake. Yummo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! :) thanks for sharing, Kara! I'll have to use the flax seed substitution sometime! Can't go wrong with a little more fiber ;)

    ReplyDelete