6.19.2012

Fruit Tart. Heyyy.

Let me just say Grandma said this fruit tart was "pure ecstasy"....I'm hoping she was just using that as an adjective and not comparing it to actual ecstasy. But then again, once Grandma closes her doors at night, we never know what she does in there... Also, I would just like to say that I finished my first term of pastry school this past week! So now it's finally summer, and I'll be starting back at the end of August!  While making this dessert, I had some team work thanks to my Momma and prego sister Sam, they cut the fruit.  Aren't they just the greatest?! We'd make such a splendid team.  Tonight we had such a summeresque dinner that consisted of grilled bbq pork chops, baked potatoes, corn, and cabbage, and in my case, instead of cabbage I had cottage cheese. Holla for cottage cheese! YUM!  Ps. I know you all were waiting for me to say this, sooooo my tanning this summer is going great! Thanks for the concern! America!

Ingredients:
Crust
-1/2 cup confectioners sugar
-1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
-1 1/2 sticks butter - softened & sliced

Filling
-8 oz package cream cheese
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping
-Strawberries
-Kiwi
-Blueberry
-Blackberries
-Raspberries

Glaze
-6 oz frozen limeade concentrate - thawed
-1 tablespoon cornstarch
-1 tablespoon lime juice
-1/4 cup sugar

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-For the crust: In a food processor, combine the confectioner's sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture forms a ball.  With your fingers, press the dough in a 12 inch tart pan with a removable bottom.  Make sure to push the dough into the indentations in the sides.  Pat until even.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly brown.  Set aside to cool.
-For the filling: Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.  Spread over the cooled crust.
-For the topping: Cut the strawberries into 1/4 inch slices and arrange around the edge of the crust.  Next add the circle of kiwi.  Then a circle of blackberries.  Then cluster the center with the raspberries.  Fill any spaces with blueberries.
-For the glaze: Combine the limeade, cornstarch, lime juice, and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until clear and thick.  This takes about 2 minutes.  Let cool.  Brush with a pastry brush over the entire tart.  (You won't use all the glaze)
-Keep tart in the fridge with any leftovers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment