2.01.2012

The Original Gangster, Mr. Chocolate Chip Cookie.

I needed to bake something today.  We have a bowl full of lemons; like 10 lemons.  So why wouldn't I bake something lemon-y?  Well, I thought and I thought and everything that consisted of lemon juice or zest we didn't have all the ingredients.  Cream of tartar?  No sorry I don't have that.  4 blocks of cream cheese?  No sorry, wasn't willing to die of cream cheese overdose today.  However, I know the ingredients to my chocolate chip cookie recipe will always stand by my side, and we will always have each others backs.  So chocolate chip cookies it is!



Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 bag milk chocolate chips (1 bag will do, but it's just NOT the same)


Directions:
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
-In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
-Beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer on medium, until smoothed and creamy.
-Add each egg one at a time, beating well after each addition.
-Gradually, beat in flour mixture on medium speed.
-Stir in chocolate chips to mixture.

On an ungreased cookie sheets, drop tablespoons full of cookie dough. 
Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are golden brown.
Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
Place on wire rack to completely cool.

Simple as pie!!......or should I say, simple as chocolate chip cookies. ba dum ba!

No comments:

Post a Comment