2.27.2012

Creamy Lemony Crumbly Bars-y?

As I'm typing this my dog is barking like a mad man right outside my window so I can't really concentrate.  Although, this doesn't require lots of concentration, I get distracted easily.  Oh, and I would like to say that I saw a bumblebee buzzing around today. Oh Spring time, how I love thee! You're so close I can almost taste you!! Such wishful thinking! Anywho, these lemon bars are pretttyyyy tasty! Although make sure you put the zest in when it calls for it! For some reason, the lemons I used for this would not zest, and that definitely plays a huge part in the taste of these.




Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter - slightly softened
1 cup brown sugar - lightly packed
1 cup oats
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Mix butter and brown sugar until well combined.
-Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
-Add oats and flour to sugar/butter mixture.  Mix to combine.
-Press half of the oat crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8 x 11 glass pan.
-Mix together the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and zest until combined.
-Spread on top of the crumb mixture.
-Distribute the rest of the crumb mixture on top of the milk/lemon mixture, but do not press down.

-Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment