7.24.2013

Tiramisu!

As I sit here and contemplate about just how great life is, there's only one thing, maybe two things, I could complain about.  Before I complain, I would like to just say how great it feels to have 3 days off from work in a row! Woo! And the weather is great! Double-woo!  Now....about buying a new phone. Holy. Cow. My poor phone went ca-puts this evening at approximately 6:32 pm. It was a sad day.  I watched my phone go from 100% battery, to its' last breath...0% battery. And that was that.  So what did I get to do? I got to take my dad to the phone store.  And Phillip.  My boys!!.....Have you ever been inside a phone store? It's like willingly stepping inside hell for 3o minutes.  Literally. Ok, not literally, but ONLY because there wasn't flames....that I know of.  But oh my gosh....can't a gal just buy a darn phone? Shoot. I don't want a data plan. I don't want to pay insurance. I don't want to spin around 10 times and do a magic trick. I just want to go inside and purchase a phone. But no. It doesn't work like that. What I want would consist of me buying a phone, buy a data plan, cancel that data plan, and pay $100 in cancellation fees. Like, holy cow....no.  I'll find a way to just buy a phone. Some day. Some day. Also, some day I dream of a better world when chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned. That is all. Here is my tiramisu recipe.
Ingredients:
-6 egg yolks
-3 tablespoons sugar
-1 pound mascarpone cheese
-1 1/2 cups strong espresso, cooled
-2 teaspoons dark rum
-24 packaged ladyfingers
-1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate shavings, for garnish

Directions:
-In a large bowl, using an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Add mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and mix until thoroughly combined.

-In a small dish, add remaining espresso and rum. Dip each ladyfinger into espresso for only 5 seconds. Letting the ladyfingers soak too long will cause them to fall apart. Place the soaked ladyfinger on the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish, breaking them in half if necessary in order to fit the bottom.

-Spread evenly 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers. Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.

-Cover tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 8 hours.

-Before serving, sprinkle with chocolate shavings.

**I used a trifle bowl for this tiramisu that is pictured, just layer the same way...use your brain.**

No comments:

Post a Comment